Welcome!

In this blog I will be reviewing ebooks I have read. I use an amazon Kindle, so much of the information will be geared towards Kindle users, but other ereader users should still find the information helpful. Many of the books I will be reviewing are free or low-cost books published by independent authors, my goal is to get the word out about some amazing authors that I think deserve more props, and to let you know which books are not worth the time reading. I am open to suggestions, about information you'd like me to add or new books I should check out and review.
Contact me at CassandrasBeads@Gmail.com

Friday, December 30, 2011

Dark Currents (The Emperor's Edge Book 2) by Lindsay Buroker

Type: Novel 
Price: $3.99 when purchased, $4.95 now
Genre: Action/Adventure/Fantasy/Steampunk
Grade: A+


This is the sequel to The Emperor's Edge and is just as good if not better. Most of the information in my post for The Emperor's Edge applies here. Many authors these days do not correctly use the story arc, and try to create suspense and a "cliff hanger" at the end of a book to entice you to read the sequel. Lindsay Buroker understands the purpose of the story arc, and that any good story will have a resolution, leaving you fulfilled at the end of a book, and she relies on her strong characters, story line and amazing writing skill to entice you to read the following books. This worked for me, and I could not wait to start reading Deadly Currents as soon as I finished The Emperor's Edge


In this book, Amaranthe, Sicarius and the crew embark on a new adventure that is even more nail-biting than their first. Along the way the crew become a solid unit (albeit a dysfunctional one) and their interpersonal relationships develop. Most notably is the relationship between Amaranthe and Sicarius which has certainly become a different sort than it was in the first book (I'm not giving anything away though).


I recommend reading The Emperor's Edge before reading this book to enhance your experience, although it is not necessary and the author provides all necessary information without blatantly repeating the first book. Though I enjoyed reading this book immensely, I feel there is very little I need to say about it, because if you read the first book no doubt you are excited to read the second. So, I am going to trust the strength of these books, not my words to have you continue reading, as I go and start reading Deadly Games, the third book in the series. 
as always, visit the authors website at www.lindsayburoker.com

No comments:

Post a Comment